Community During COVID-19
During this time of pandemic, Flower Mound UMC wants to be a source of God's grace, the hope of Jesus Christ, and the comfort of the Holy Spirit. We are here for you, whether to worship weekly, for a daily word of encouragement, or a connection with a prayer partner for support. Please read our revised schedule and opportunities below:
Staff & Office Hours
FMUMC's office staff is available via phone or by appointment from 9am-4pm Monday - Thursday. If you need to be in contact with a staff person please use these numbers below:
- Church Office: 972.355.2711
- Office Administrator/Shari Smith: 101
- Pastor Alex: 102
- Pastor Taylor: 103
- Director of Operations/Brian Moshier: 106
- Finances/Marci Reed: 105
- Music Ministry/Jan Call: 104
- Sonshine Kids Preschool/Barbara Gant: 116
- Sonshine Kids Main Line: 214-513-1699
Join us online for either our 9:30am Modern Service & our 11:00am Traditional Service.
Beginning August 30th- we will have a lawn service at 8:15 a.m. outside!
Click here for a Q and A sheet about our new lawn worship service!
Don't forget to follow us online through our Facebook Page HERE
- Tune in at 9:30am or 11:00am Facebook Live
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to re-visit old sermons, messages, or public service announcements (great option for those who don't have FaceBook)
- Visit the tab on this website titled "Worship" for LiveWorship and previous Sunday archives.
You can also learn more about our online streaming at our streaming webpage HERE
At FMUMC we define discipleship at "the continual process of cultivating within us the very things Jesus embodied: namely love, mercy, compassion, and justice." HOW we do this in the midst of COVID-19 may look different, but WHY we do these things stems from our commitment to grow into Christ's likeness no matter what comes at us. Our fall offerings for adult discipleship ministries may be viewed here/
Stay in Touch with Daily EMAILS
Each morning pastors post a morning email including devotionals, church connections or fun opportunities. You can sign up for the daily email by contacting Shari Smith at .
Options to Still Meet with your Discipleship Groups
Classes, Sunday school and small groups are still meeting regularly through zoom. If you would like to connect with one of these options during this time virtually, please contact Taylor Smith, or visit our adult discipleship sign up page here.
- If you'd like to receive a pastoral care call, please click HERE (options to a call from a pastor or a lay member of our church's care team).
Be a Care Team Caller
We can still be connected even if not face to face. And as a family of faith, we want to be intentional about checking in with one another out of love and concern. If you're interested in assisting with FMUMC's care ministries here are a few avenues to get involved.
- Serve on our Care Calling Team HERE a simple phone call can make all the difference in the world. THIS guide can assist you with conversation.
- Write a card to those on our prayer list: email Jill Welke for a list of names and addresses
Our Christian responsibility to care for our most vulnerable population is enhanced in this time of Coronavirus outbreak. Here are some ways you can continue to be the church:
IN PERSON OPPORTUNITIES
Children & Youth
- Each week families receive a weekly devotional and resources. The weekly Scripture passage, family talking points, a prayer practice and "challenge" is offered. To sign up for this weekly devotional for families contact Shari Smith at
- Through August, children will follow the curriculum "Where in the World Is God" each Sunday morning.
- During September, children will utilize the "Spiritual To Go" bags, available to pick up at our church office.
- Click here for the latest information on children's ministries: https://www.fmumc.org/groups/children/
- Youth will be begin meeting in person outside during September. You can find the latest information by clicking here. https://www.fmumc.org/groups/youth/
Sonshine Kids Preschool
Our Sonshine Kids preschool is scheduled to resume operations with COVID precautions in place on September 8th. We still have openings for the 2020 school year. Click here for more information about our preschool and registration opportunities: https://www.fmumc.org/preschool/